Followers

Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Ag Mechanics Demonstration

Image result for soldering copper pipe

My demo was on sweating a joint/sautering a copper pipe. This was only taught to our cohort. This time, I had a hard time finding good things about this lesson but here they are. I had a sheet clearly outlining all of the steps that were to be done. I had decent student interaction throughout my mini lesson. All of the materials I needed were right on hand during the demonstration except I had a student go and get a wet cloth for the end of the demo. 

I was not confident at all. If I were to do this again, I would definitely actually practice the steps. I practiced before I recorded my demo but I would practice multiple times before I actually taught this to students. Along with practicing, I would make sure the torch works and I know what "setting" to have it on to maximize the time being used.

Image result for plumbing memes



1 comment:

  1. Sara, I am glad that this demo was a good learning experience for you and helped you to identify the things you need to practice before you teach it to students during your internship. Your strategy of practicing the skill multiple times before doing it with students will help you become confident in your demonstration abilities and will make you better able to assist your students when it is their turn to do it.

    ReplyDelete