Followers

Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Life Knowledge Lesson Reflection

I completed my Life Knowledge lesson during my Thanksgiving break. My lesson was a combination of 2 FFA Life Knowledge communication lessons. I taught the Ag 2 class which is 2 periods during the day. I'm going to start with the negatives of my lesson then end on a happy note.


Things to change


  • A common theme, my lack of confidence in front of real students was an issue again
  • The first period that I taught, I didn't really give a "why they needed to learn communication skills."
  • There were small classroom management issues in the first period. They were still doing what they needed to do so I let their misbehavior go when I should not have.
  • I need to start recognizing things that need change and then change them on my own
  • Have a clicker or something to carry around to change slides while I am walking around the room


Things to keep the same

  • Generally, my pace was good and the students kept up with what I was saying.
  • The students were highly involved in the lesson. They answered all of my questions when I asked them. I did this for every slide I made.
  • I had good content that the students truly enjoyed talking about.
  • I took a few negatives and changed them for the 2nd time I taught the lesson that day.





Overall, I enjoyed teaching this lesson. The students seemed really into it for the most part. I saw an improvement in the way some of them spoke (I had a small speaking activity at the end of the lesson).








1 comment:

  1. Sara, thank you for sharing both your gems and your opps for this lesson, and for reflecting on what you would do differently next time you teach this activity. As your confidence improves, your classroom management abilities and student engagement will as well.

    ReplyDelete