Followers

Wednesday, April 10, 2019

The Administrator Interview

Image result for interview memes


Here at Cedar Crest, the administrators and everyone in the ag program/FFA have a great relationship! At the very beginning of the semester, we set up a meeting/interview with the principal, Mrs. Malinoski. She (and the rest of the administration) are very supportive of what we do and trust us to do what we think is best.

Questions Asked

  • Tell me about your work ethic.
  • How do you solve problems?
  • Tell me about yourself.
  • The questions that Mrs. Malinoski asked of me were to find out what kind of a person I am. That is super important to her as she wants to know the teachers as people too.

Advice

  • breathe!
  • be confident and be yourself
Image result for teacher interview memes


What I Did Well

  • My passion for ag was showing through.
  • I showed how much I care about others and how much I care about student success.
  • I asked questions like "Is there an opportunity to have an extended contract?" and "What are the times that we are required to be here everyday?"

Other Comments

  • Always come prepared. (paper, resume, cover letter, application, writing instrument, proper clothes)
  • There are always ways that schools will help you. If you are a student teacher at the school and need resources for interview clothes or teaching strategies, don't be afraid to ask! Everyone wants to help you succeed no matter what!
  • Always dress business professional. It doesn't matter what job you are looking for, dress business professional.
  • Application process for Cedar Crest: fill out application, school will review applications, narrow down to a couple to interview (principal, assistant principal, director of secondary education), check social media sites (again to see what kind of person you are)

Below: This is something that was talked about in the interview. If you are a good person and a good teacher, you're going to do great and influence your students whether you know it or not. (I also found this out when one of our Ag 2 students moved and talked to me on her last day here.)

Image result for teacher interview memes

No comments:

Post a Comment