Followers

Sunday, April 21, 2019

Traveling Across the State to Visit Miss Herr

I can remember every FFA State Officer Team since I started in FFA. I've always looked up to them so it's a neat opportunity to work and study along side them in college! (There are several Past PA State Officers as well as other states as well!)

I chose to visit Miss Herr at Penns Manor with Mr. Hughes. I've heard a lot of good things about this program and wanted to check it out for myself. In all honesty, I wish I could have visited all of my cohort members once as they each have their unique teaching styles and programs that they went into for this experience.

What I Noticed

  • super laid back but they get their stuff done!
  • the students have respect for the school, the program, and Mr. Hughes and Miss Herr
  • They are able to have a greenhouse and a small barn (and a classroom and shop)
    • the small barn has one little beef heifer in it. I really enjoyed going down to visit her. The students were able to brush, feed, and lead her all by themselves! (with supervision)

Observations of Miss Herr

  • Miss Herr has a class that's mostly students with special needs. In contrast, my classes have a few IEPs mixed within them. She handled it very well. The students all seemed to get along with each other and respect each other. They all tried to help each other learn.
  • She was also very good at summarizing the main points of the lesson at the end of the period.

Thank you to Miss Herr and Penns Manor for letting me visit!!! I had a great time!

Image result for how to be outstanding in your field

No comments:

Post a Comment